Lakeview Jr-Sr High Bond Information
ELECTION DATE OCTOBER 15, 2019
- $12,000,000 Bond Issue
- All Lakeview District Residents are Eligible to Vote
- Six Polling Locations
- View your current registration information, polling place, or other voting information at View your current registration information, polling place, or other voting information at VoterView.
- Change your address on your voter registration record
- Affiliate with a party or change your party affiliation
- Change your name on your voter registration record
- Your name can only be changed on your voter registration card by changing your name at the Your name can only be changed on your voter registration card by changing your name at the DMV first. first.
WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED?
The proposed project will cost $13,800,000 to construct, but a $12,000,000 bond is being proposed with $1,800,000 coming from the district special building fund. The following additions will take place:
ADDITIONS- Click Section Title to Learn More!
Click here to see photos of current facilities.
FCS, Art, and Life Skills Classrooms
Additional 4,100 sq. ft. of space that will allow the FCS room to get back to original square footage, double Art space, and double Life Skills area easing congestion for special education rooms.
Agriculture, Alternative Education Classrooms and Labs
Additional 6,300 sq. ft. that will allow both the Industrial Technology and Agriculture Education space to double, and add an Alternative Education classroom. This will allow modern STEM, career, and agriculture education opportunities for students.
Gymnasium, Girls Locker Room, Commons Area
Additional 20,200 sq. ft. of space that will add a new competition gym, triple the commons area space, and double the girls locker room space. This will allow JH practices after school, more youth practices, and opportunities to host district competitions.
See gym usage data...
Additional 3,000 sq. ft. of space that will allow district staff to not share office space, add community conference room, and separate building and district office activities.
Original Classrooms/Media Center
Renovate 34,000 sq. ft. of classrooms, hallways, media center, and bathrooms to modernize the learning environment. This renovation will make the original portion of the building a safe and comfortable environment and will ensure ADA compliance in all areas.
Renovate 116,000 sq. ft. of Electrical and Mechanical Systems throughout the building. Current Electrical system is 50 years old and HVAC system is 20 years old.
Renovated Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting
Renovate 116,000 sq. ft. of Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting which will bring the entire building up to current fire and emergency lighting code.