Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts-Spanish (Wayne State College) TEFL Certificate-Barcelona, Spain Teaching Degree-Secondary Education (University of Nebraska, Kearney) Master of Education-Secondary Administration (Concordia University)
Miss Ashley Arlt
Hello, my name is Ashley Arlt and I am excited to start my fourth year here at Lakeview Jr-Sr High School. I grew up in Columbus, NE and graduated from Columbus High School. I received my undergraduate degree from Wayne State College in the areas of Spanish and Business. I then received my teaching degree from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and my Master's Degree in Secondary Education Administration from Concordia College.
I live in Columbus with my son, Jackson (11) who is a 6th grader at Columbus Middle School and my dog Oliver. We love spending our days at our cabin swimming, fishing and four-wheeling. My son and I also love to travel and explore new places. I have been a Spanish teacher for 18 years (I also taught one year of English as a Second Language in Barcelona, Spain) and love teaching students a new language and culture! I can't wait to see what the 2023-2024 school year will bring!
Lesson Plans can be found on Canvas-All detailed lesson plans for my courses are posted on Canvas. If any parent or guardian wishes to be added to a course as an observer for their student in order to see detailed daily plans, please email me at email@example.com so we can get that set up!
Miss Arlt's Rules and Procedures for Spanish 1, 2, and 3/4
RULES OF THE SPANISH CLASSROOM
1. Come to class prepared.
- Be on time to class.
- In your seat ready to learn.
- Bring needed supplies
- Writing utensil
- CHARGED COMPUTER
- Homework is due at the beginning of class!
- Late assignments can be handed in, but the highest grade a late paper can receive is a 70%.
- If not handed in by the end of the chapter/unit, it’s a zero.
2. Be respectful.
- No talking or working on other assignments while I’m teaching.
- Phones must not be used while in class.
- NO EARBUDS unless told you can use them.
- Pay attention and listen when your classmates are talking.
- No name calling/bullying.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
3. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get your assignments.
- See me in person or email me.
4. Adhere to all the rules in the student handbook.
- NO CHEATING
- Using a translator or Artificial Intelligence IS CHEATING! I want to know what you know, not GOOGLE!
- Be on time to class.