Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts-Spanish (Wayne State College) Teaching Degree-Secondary Education (University of Nebraska, Kearney) Master of Education-Secondary Administration (Concordia University)
Miss Ashley Arlt
Hello, my name is Ashley Arlt and I am excited to start my second year here at Lakeview Jr-Sr High School. I grew up in Columbus, NE and graduated from Columbus High School. I received my undergraduate degree from Wayne State College in the areas of Spanish and Business. I then received my teaching degree from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and my Master's Degree in Secondary Education Administration from Concordia College.
I live in Columbus with my son, Jackson (9) and my dog Oliver (4). We love spending our days at our cabin swimming and fishing. My son and I also love to travel and explore new places. I have been a Spanish teacher for 16 years and love teaching students a new language and culture! I can't wait to see what the 2021-2022 school year will bring!
Miss Arlt’s Rules and Procedures
Spanish 1, 2, and 3/4
RULES OF THE SPANISH CLASSROOM
- Come to class prepared.
- Be on time to class.
- In your seat ready to learn.
- Bring needed supplies
- Homework, binder, writing utensil, etc.
- Homework is due at the beginning of class!
- Late assignments can be handed in, but the highest grade a late paper can receive is a 70%.
- If not handed in by the end of the chapter/unit, it’s a zero.
- Be respectful.
- No talking or working on other assignments while I’m teaching.
- Pay attention and listen when your classmates are talking.
- No name calling/bullying.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get your assignments.
- See me in person or email me.
- Adhere to all the rules in the student handbook.
- NO CHEATING
- Using a translator IS CHEATING! I want to know what you know, not GOOGLE!