Degrees and Certifications:
BA English Education MA Curriculum and Instruction MA Reading Specialist & ESL
Mrs. Megan Legenza
Hello! Welcome to a new and wonderful school year!
I am the English 9 and ESL English teacher here at Lakeview High School. I have been a Viking since 2006 and I love this school. It feels like home and the people here feel like family. I take great pride in my position here, and thoroughly enjoy getting to know the students and teaching them my passion for reading and writing.
I grew up in O'Neill, NE where I attended St. Mary's K-12 and graduated in 2000. I attended Mount Marty College where I received my BA degree in English Education with minors in speech and theater. After teaching at Kearney Catholic for two years, I came to Lakeview and am here to stay. I received my MA's degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Wayne State College in 2010 and another MA's in Reading and ESL from Concordia University in 2014.
My husband is Aaron and we have four children: Gia, Rowan, Wren and Van. Gia is 11 and in 5th grade at St. Anthony's while Rowan is seven and in 1st grade. Wren and Van are boy/girl twins and have just turned five. This year they will begin 4-day pre-school. My children are my pride and joy, and so much fun to raise!
In my spare time (I really don't have any), I enjoy reading, going on walks, watching Netflix, and above all, spending time with my children.
- keep your hands to yourself (both toward people and their possesions)
- no cell phones including no pictures or videos are allowed in English unless permission is given (detentions will be given)
- sit where you are assigned and keep the desks where they belong
- follow the proper protocol for safety drills
2. Be Respectful
- toward yourself
- toward your teacher
- to eachother
- to the classroom and its materials
3. Work Hard
- use your time wisely in class
- turn your work in on time
- no cell phones allowed
- no cheating/plagiarising/AI
- always ask what you missed if you are gone from school
- communicate with the teacher EARLY
All lessons plans can be found on Canvas.